Our advisors are here to help you choose the classes to get to graduation and your better future. We have dedicated advising centers on our campuses working hard to be sure every student succeeds.
No assigned advisor? Let us know and we'll help you get one.
- Find an advisor listed below on the campus most convenient for you.
- Choose their personal Schedule an Appointment link to see their calendar.
- Pick a day, time and advising method of your choice.
You will receive a confirmation email with your appointment details.
- If you chose the Email or Phone advising method that advisor will contact you at your appointment time.
- If you chose the Teams virtual advising method please join the call at your appointment day and time with the link that was provided in your confirmation email.
- If you chose to meet with the advisor in person follow these steps:
- Please arrive to campus 10 minutes before your advising appointment scheduled time if possible.
- Sign in at the front desk to see Admissions.
- Once meeting with Admissions and going over your account to ensure everything is up to date you can let them know you have an advising appointment scheduled. They will send you from there.
WALK-INS are welcome. They will be seen in between Advisors scheduled appointments as time allows.
I'm Julia Maynard, Academic Advisor located in the N. Clayton Little Building, Suite 105, on the Pikeville Campus. I hold a BS in Education, Mathematics 5-12, from Concord University and a MA in Adult and Higher Education from Morehead State University. In addition to being an Academic Advisor, I also teach as an Adjunct Instructor for FYE 105 and transitional math. I have worked at Big Sandy CTC since July 2009.
"My name is Brianna Frantsvog, and I am an Academic Advisor at Big Sandy Community and Technical College's Pikeville campus. I have a Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education and a Master's degree in Postsecondary Education Administration, both from Murray State University. I love working as an Advisor, as it allows me to help students along their academic path and determine what classes and career may be right for them. In my free time, I enjoy reading, video games, and watching TV and movies. This has caused me to have a large collection of both books and video games, and it's constantly growing! Feel free to ask me about my favorites!"
Hello, my name is Misty Adkins. I have been an Academic Advisor at Big Sandy CTC since
July 2009. I am located in the N. Clayton Little Building, Suite 105, on the Pikeville
Campus. I earned a BBA in Marketing from Morehead State University and an MBA from
the University of Pikeville. In addition to being an Academic Advisor, I also teach
as an Adjunct Instructor for FYE 105. In my spare time, I enjoy hiking, cycling, and
spending time with family and friends.
Misty Adkins, Academic Advisor
Pikeville Campus, N. Clayton Little Building, Room 105d
Schedule Appointment: https://calendly.com/madkins0143
I’m a graduate of Prestonsburg Community College & Morehead State University.
I have worked at the college for 16 ½ years.I became an academic advisor in November of 2020, and I really like it. My favorite things to do is spend time with my 8-year-old grandson and my fiancé.
Hello. I’m Lindsey Snider, a local girl from Floyd County. I received my Bachelors in Secondary English Education and Masters in English from Morehead State University in 2009 and 2019. I am married and have 5 step-children. This July, I will have worked at the college for 7 years.
I have been married over 30 years to my husband Jim. We have 2 sons, 30 and 20. We also have a 7 year old Yorkie, named Tucker. We reside in Lawrence County Kentucky. I am an academic advisor for first-time, at-risk and returning students. I am also an adjunct faculty member, teaching sociology.In 2004, I completed Graphic Design at Mayo Campus of Big Sandy CTC. In 2008, I completed my Associate in Arts degree at Big Sandy CTC. In fall 2009, I began my bachelor degree in business at Morehead State University, which was completed in spring 2012. I completed my Master degree in Adult and Higher Education in spring 2015