Your safety is important to us. If the decision to close or delay the college due to the weather is made, that announcement will be made as quickly as possible in the following places:
- A SNAP Text Message to Students and Employees that have signed up to recieve SNAP alerts.
- Many of the local media outlets will give information on weather closings and delays.
- An announcement on weather closings or delays will be placed on the Big Sandy web site.
- A message will be placed on our automatic phone message.
As conditions develop througout the day, the closing and delay messages will be updated.
When the college closes, buildings are closed to all except essential personnel with supervisor approval.
Weather Announcement Messages
- REGULAR SCHEDULE - Classes & operations will procede as Scheduled
- SNOW SCHEDULE - Classes at all locations will begin at 11:00 a.m. with those classes normally in session at that time. Employees should report by 11:00 a.m. Employees not reporting by 11:00 a.m. must take vacation time or make up work as mutually agreed with their supervisor.
- CLASSES CANCELED-EMPLOYEES REPORT - CLASSES ARE CANCELLED. Employees should report by 11:00 a.m. Employees not reporting by 11:00 a.m. must take vacation time or make up work as mutually agreed upon with their supervisor. Decisions regarding evening classes (evening classes are defined as any class that begins at or after 4:30) will be announced by 3:00 p.m. as they may or may not be canceled when the day classes are canceled.
- CLOSED - All campuses are closed. Classes will not meet. Only M&O and essential personnel are required to report to work.
- CAMPUS CLOSED - Classes will not meet on the specific campus and non-essential personnel may be required to relocate to another BSCTC campus site until the issue is resolved. Employees should consult with their Dean for further instruction. Only M&O and essential personnel are required to report to work on the campus closed location.