Rules Governing the EKRSEF
- A contestant may enter ONE project, either as an individual or team.
- Teams may consist of no more than three (3) individuals within the grade category.
FORMS & GUIDELINES
Before the start of your science fair project, please utilize “Rules Wizard” to make sure all required forms are filled out. Students, parents and their designated science teachers are responsible for making sure ALL forms are completed prior to the start of the project.
- It is recommended that ALL forms be completed and printed from your computer. Forms are linked below.
- Please note: We strongly discourage taking pictures of forms to upload as they are often blurry, too dark and illegible.
- All Projects should utilize Rules Wizard to determine what forms and approval are needed for the Scientific Review Committee before project research can begin.
- Forms can also be found in student’s individual or team STEM Wizard account. From their account they can, print and upload signed (by designated science teacher and parent) safety forms.
These three forms are required for all participants and must be present at time of judging:
- Checklist for Adult Sponsor (1)
- Student Checklist (1A) and Research Plan
- Approval Form (1B)
- TEAM entries will submit forms 1 & 1A collectively but must submit form 1B individually.
- Any entry involving vertebrate animals, human subjects, recombinant DNA, or tissues must be accompanied by additional, appropriate approval forms.
Check the Adult Sponsor checklist above to see if these forms are needed for your project.
- Form 1C: Regulated Research Institutional/Industrial Setting Form
- Form 2: Qualified Scientist Form
- Form 3: Risk Assessment Form
- Form 4: Human Participants and Informed Consent Form
- Form 5: Vertebrate Animal Form (Form 5A and 5B)
- Form 6A: Potentially Hazardous Biological Agents Form
- Form 7: Continuation Projects Form
- Reports, record books, and all approval paperwork must be available for examination by the judges.
- Only judges may be present while judging.
- Entrants must be present at specific interview judging time.
- School affiliations or names of participants must not be visible on any projects (projects will be assigned an ID number corresponding to student(s) name(s)).
- No exhibitor will be permitted to change categories, age groups, or exhibits once the official entry form has been submitted.
- First, second, and third, etc., awards will not necessarily be given in each category. Awards will be given according to minimum standards determined by judges.
- The decision of the judges is final.
- Neither the fair committee, nor cooperating groups, nor sponsors assume any responsibility for loss or damage to any exhibit or part thereof.