East KY Regional Science & Engineering Fair will be held Saturday, March 12th from 8:00 am -3:00 pm at Big Sandy Community & Technical College.
Registration opened on Dec 6th, 2021
Project Registration Deadline is February 26th, 2022
*Note: Project research cannot exceed 12 months from the start of research to project participation in regional, state or international fairs.
- The fair is open to students in grades 4-12 in public, parochial or home-based schools in Breathitt, Floyd, Johnson, Kott, Lee, Leslie, Letcher, Magoffin, Martin, Menifee, Morgan, Owsley, Perry, Pike and Wolfe counties.
- Students may participate by entering their school fair.
- First place projects at each grade level and/or category will progress to the East Kentucky Regional Science & Engineering Fair.
- Group projects may have no more than three (3) group members.
- Home school students may enter one project as an individual or group ( of no more than three (3) members).
- All student participants and their designated science teacher for that school year must register at STEM Wizard - 2021 -2022 Virtual East Kentucky Regional Science and Engineering Fair.
- All projects must meet ISEF and safety guidelines which are available at: Display & Safety Rules | Society for Science. Projects will be judged according to ISEF standards.
- Awards will be presented by grade.
Registration for the EKRSEF is completed through STEM Wizard.
Once a first-place student in 4th -12th grade is selected to advance from their school fair, the student’s designated science teacher will register an account at the EKYSEF Stem Wizard website. Students will then register their account from the same website and follow instructions from there.
Teachers and students must register and use the EKYSEF Stem Wizard website for all aspects of science fair registration, submitting of safety forms and project research. Safety forms are found in individual student accounts in STEM Wizard after they register.
STEM Wizard streamlines all student project work (i.e. abstracts etc. ) in the science fair process and automatically advances student projects electronically as your child/student’s project advances to other science fair levels.
- Students cannot register for the regional science fair in STEM Wizard until their designated science teacher creates an account and registers in STEM Wizard first. Teachers and 1st place students will register a new account each year.
- Please check your spam and junk folders in case emails from “stemwizard.com” are not going directly into your or your student’s inboxes.
- Once students and teachers are registered in STEM Wizard, communication from myself will be sent directly to you via STEM Wizard regarding all things science fair. This creates less work to registered students and teachers and myself. You will receive informative emails from me via STEM Wizard instead of my college email address. I will also receive communication via STEM Wizard when teachers and students complete designated steps in their account.