High School Dual Credit Student
Participating in dual credit opportunities at Big Sandy Community and Technical College
is a fantastic way to get a jump start on college. You may be asking yourself, what
is dual credit? Dual Credit is a college level course of study where a high school
student earns both high school and college credit upon successful completion of the
course. Will dual credit courses transfer to other institutions? Yes, in fact, BSCTC credits transfer to all Kentucky public institutions.
Big Sandy Community and Technical College is pleased to partner with schools in the region to award dual credit to high school students. If a school is interested in dual credit opportunities, contact the Enrollment Office for more information.
Cost of Dual Credit Classes
- 50% of tuition is waived if the class is taught by BSCTC faculty (face to face or online)
- 100% of tuition is waived if the class is taught by a BSCTC (secondary teacher) adjunct at the high school
- Students are responsible for Administrative fees
Test Scores Required for Participation in Dual Credit
- Math: ACT 22 or COMPASS 50-99 (Algebra section)
- Reading: ACT 20 or COMPASS 85-100
- English: ACT 18 or COMPASS 74-100
Where are dual credit classes being offered this year?
BSCTC Dual Credit Schedules 2015-16
BSCTC Dual Credit Application and Resources:
- BSCTC Dual Credit Application
- BSCTC Withdrawal Form
- KCTCS Dual Credit Handbook
- KCTCS KDE Dual Credit Memoranda of Understanding
Jessica Gambill, Assistant Professor
Early College Academy & Dual Credit Liaison