APSS 30-Hour State Certification Course
The purpose of the program is to prepare individuals as paraprofessional adult peer specialist for entry-level employment in support of behavioral health treatment services. The course content is designed to familiarize students with the fundamentals of the recovery process, and knowledge necessary to become state certified as Adult Peer Support Specialists (APSS). Our course is taught by instructors that are in recovery, actively working in the recovery industry, and have or in pursuit of advanced degrees in social work and knowledge .This course is a 30 contact-hour course delivered completely on-line over two consecutive weekends.
- Cost: $200.00*
*Third party funding for this course is available upon meeting program guidelines
- Be eighteen (18) years of age or older;
- Have a current or past diagnosis of a mental health, substance use, or co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders;
- Have received or be receiving treatment;
- Have a minimum educational requirement of a high school diploma or General Equivalence Diploma (GED) certificate;
- Demonstrate a pattern of recovery from a mental health, substance use, or co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders.