Grants | BSCTC


All Big Sandy Community & Technical College campuses and the Morehead Extended Campus Prestonsburg location are on a SNOW SCHEDULE, Tuesday, January 31stdue to weather.

All online classes will proceed as normal.  In Person Day classes will begin at 11:00 a.m.  At this time, evening classes will be meeting as scheduled.

Employees can report in person to campus by 11:00 a.m. or work with their supervisor to be virtual.


When combined with free scholarship and other financial aid opportunities, grants can significantly decrease, if not completely cover, your financial needs. Unlike loans, grants do not need to be repaid. Unlike federal work-study there is no labor involved. When you submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you are automatically considered for government need-based grants.

  • Pell Grant: The Pell Grant is one of the most popular types of federal financial aid. You are not required to pay back a Pell Grant after you graduate.

  • CAP Grant: The College Access Program (CAP) grants are awarded to Kentucky residents enrolled in at least six semester hours (half time). To qualify for a CAP Grant, the total
    Expected Family Contribution (EFC) toward your educational expenses cannot exceed $5,234. CAP Grants are awarded on a first come, first serve basis. You may login to KHEAA and view your account to see if you received the CAP grant or any additional state scholarships. You are not required to pay back a CAP grant.

  • FSEOG Grant: A Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) is for undergraduates with the lowest Expected Family Contribution (EFC). You are not required to pay back an FSEOG after you graduate. Not every eligible student will receive an FSEOG. Students at Big Sandy Community and Technical College will be awarded an FSEOG based on availability of funds.