STUDENTS CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF BI-TERM CLASSES, RECEIVE FINANCIAL AID
If you got a late start and couldnt enroll for the fall semester, you dont have to wait until January.
Big Sandy Community and Technical College (BSCTC) offers hundreds of classes online and in-person through its bi-term schedule.
The accelerated classes begin on October 20 and qualify for financial aid.
So many students simply run out of time trying to get into classes for the fall semester, said Jimmy Wright, dean of student affairs at BSCTC. Our bi-term schedule offers students the opportunity to earn credits in the fall semester in a fast-tracked platform.
New students can follow these easy steps to navigate the admissions process:
- Complete an admissions application online at www.bigsandy.kctcs.edu
- Submit transcripts from high school and/or any previously attended colleges and universities
- Submit ACT/SAT scores or complete Compass test
- Apply for financial aid by completing the FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Schedule an advising session through the Center for Student Engagement
Wright said admissions staff are available on the Prestonsburg, Pikeville and Mayo campuses, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., to answer questions from prospective students. They may also take advantage of 24/7 support from the BSCTC Student Service Center at 1 (855) GO-BSCTC.