SGA Wants You!
We are currently taking applications for the following positions for the 2014/2015 semester:
- President amp; Vice President - must have completed 12 credit hours, have a 2.5 GPA or above and be a full-time student.
- Secretary amp; Treasurer - must have completed 6 credit hours, have a 2.5 GPA or above and be a full-time student.
Applications can be picked up in in the following locations:
- Prestonsburg Campus: Student Center Room 100
- Pikeville Campus: Room 109
- Mayo Campus: Building C-Room 107
Applications are due April 21st and campaigning begins soon after.
Voting will begin May 1.
The purpose of the student government is to provide a channel of communication whereby students can express themselves and make their views known to fellow students, faculty, and administration. The student government assists in sponsoring and regulating student activities and encourages the active participation of students in these activities. It is concerned with student involvement in all aspects of college life along with an appreciation of the privileges and responsibilities of being a college student. Members of the student government are elected representatives of the student body.