BSCTC Celebrates Black History Month
Beginning in 1976, Black History Month is celebrated in the United States throughout the month of February in remembrance of the achievements and historical contributions of African Americans. BSCTC will be holding events and presentations for this celebration, the first of which are listed below, though more will follow as the month continues.
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Video Presentation
- 11:00 a.m. 3:00 p.m. each hour
- Tuesday February 1, 2011
- Atrium, Pikeville campus.
For additional information contact Jane Pixley, ext. 81263
My Old Kentucky Home: Fast Horses and African American Free Towns
- Dr. Maryjean Wall, guest speaker
- 10:50 a.m. Wednesday February 9, 2011
- Art Gallery, Magoffin building, Prestonsburg campus
For additional information contact Judy Howell, ext. 64750