Student Return to Campus Protocols
The CDC has dropped its social distancing recommendations and quarantine guidelines for people exposed to COVID-19 as well as routine testing recommendations for most people who don't have COVID-19 symptoms, regardless of vaccination status, as part of updated guidelines published in the agency's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. The agency still recommends that people who test positive for COVID-19 isolate for at least five days and wear masks for 10 days after recovering from the virus. I have highlighted the change for us below.
COVID Protocols Updates Fall 2022
Currently, there are no systemwide COVID mandates or protocols, and the Centers for Disease Control recommendations should be followed to the greatest extent possible. Per KCTCS, the college presidents have the authority to implement protocols based on community transmission in their areas. The Healthy at Work Officer and Human Resources will continue to report positive COVID cases to System Office and the local Health Department.
Therefore, until further notice, below are the guidelines we will follow at Big Sandy:
- Masking continues to be encouraged and optional for students and staff in all classrooms and campuses.
- Classrooms will maintain a routine distancing and will not be extended or changed as in the past.
- For all individuals that test positive for COVID-19, stay off campus for 5 days.
- For all individuals exposed to COVID-19.you do not need to stay home unless symptomatic.
- It will be necessary for the Healthy@Work Officers to continue their work to report increases in infection rates and possibly adapt the COVID protocol. So please continue to report positive cases to your instructor and Healthy@Work officer.