What is Electrical Technology?
The Electrical Technology Program focuses on preparing students for various entry-level electrician positions for employment in industry and construction fields. The study of electrical theory in the classroom and practical application of that theory in labs provide the foundation for the program.
What are my career choices?
- Construction Electrician
- Industrial Electrician
- Manufacturing Technician
- Maintenance Electrician
- Self Employed
- Medical Facilities Electrical Technician
- Solar/Photovoltaic Technician
What are my degree, diploma, or certificate options?
Associate in Applied Science
Associate in Applied Science Electrical Technology
- Electrical Technology
- Electrician Construction
- Electrician Trainee Level I
- Electrician Trainee Level II
- Residential Electricity Level I
- Residential Electricity Level II
- Electrical Motor Control Level I
- Electrical Motor Control Level II
Length of Program
You can earn an associate in applied science degree in two years if you maintain full-time status.
This information should not be considered a substitute for the KCTCS Catalog. You should always choose classes in cooperation with your faculty advisor to ensure that you meet all degree requirements.