Associate in Science Check List
General Education Core Requirements
- Written Communications - 6 Total Credits
- ENG 101 & ENG 102 (or) Students who complete ENG 105 must take an additional 3 hours of General Education from any of the General Education categories.
- Oral Communications - 3 Credits
- Arts and Humanities - 6 Total Credits
- One course must be selected from Humanities and one course from Heritage.
- Quantitative Reasoning - 6 Total Credits
- The course used to meet this requirement must be MAT 141 or a higher level selected from the approved General Education list. Students planning to earn a baccalaureate degree which requires college algebra or any course with a college algebra prerequisite are advised to take MAT 150
- Natural Science - 6 Total Credits
- One science course must include a laboratory experience.
- Social and Behavioral Science - 6 Total Credits
- Two disciplines must be represented and different from those in the Arts and Humanities category.
Subtotal: 33 Credit Hours
Associate in Science Requirements
- Quantitative Reasoning OR Natural Sciences - 6 Total Credits
Subtotal: 6 Credit Hours
- 21 Total Credits
- Students are advised to choose hours to satisfy pre-major requirements at the institution to which they are transferring.
Subtotal: 21 Credit Hours
Total Credit Hours: 60
- Completion of minimum 60 credit hours
- Minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA
- Minimum of 15 credit hours earned at the institution awarding the degree
- Cultural studies course
- Demonstration of digital literacy
- College Success Course or Equivalent