Associate in Arts Check List
General Education Core Requirements
- Written Communications - 6 Credits Total
- ENG 101 & ENG 102 (or) Students who complete ENG 105 must take an additional 3 hours of General Education from any of the General Education categories.
- Oral Communications - 3 Credits
- Arts and Humanities- 6 Credits Total
- One course must be selected from Humanities and one course from Heritage.
- Quantitative Reasoning - 3 Credits
- The course used to meet this requirement must be MAT 141 or a higher level selected from the approved General Education list. Students planning to earn a baccalaureate degree which requires college algebra or any course with a college algebra prerequisite are advised to take MAT 150.
- Natural Science - 3 Credits
- One science course must include a laboratory experience.
- Quantitative Reasoning OR Natural Sciences - 3 Credits
- Social and Behavioral Science - 9 Credits Total
- Two disciplines must be represented and different from those in the Arts and Humanities category.
Subtotal: 33 Credit Hours
Associate in Arts Requirements
- Arts and Humanities OR Social and Behavioral Science OR Foreign Language OR Oral Communication - 3 Credits
- Arts and Humanities OR Social and Behavioral Science OR Foreign Language OR or Oral Communication - 3 Credits
Subtotal: 6 Credit Hours
Students are advised to choose hours to satisfy pre-major requirements at the institution
to which they are transferring.
Subtotal: 21 Credit Hours
Total: 60 Credit Hours
- Completion of minimum 60 credit hours.
- Minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA.
- Minimum of 15 credit hours earned at the institution awarding the degree.
- Cultural studies course.
- Demonstration of digital literacy.
- College Success Course or Equivalent