What is Automotive Technology
Automotive Service is rapidly increasing in sophistication and most employers strongly recommend that people seeking work in automotive service complete a formal training program. Our program is NATEF Certified, which means you get high quality training from ASE Certified Technicians.
What are my career choices?
- Automotive repair and maintenance shops
- Automotive dealers
- Automotive parts stores
- Automotive equipment rental and leasing companies
- Federal, State, and local governments
- Self employment
What are my degree, diploma or certificate options?
Associate in Applied Science Degree
- Automotive Air Condition Mechanic
- Automotive Electrician
- Automatic Transmission/Transaxle Technician
- Brake Repairer
- Engine Repairer
- Front End Mechanic
- Manual Transmission & Drive Train Technician
- Tune Up Mechanic
Length of Program
You can earn an Associate in Applied Science degree in two years if you maintain full-time status.
This information should not be considered a substitute for the KCTCS Catalog. You should always choose classes in cooperation with your faculty advisor to ensure that you meet all degree requirements.