BSCTC Prepares Reopening for Fall Semester 2020
Prestonsburg, Ky: Big Sandy Community & Technical College is committed to providing a safe and healthy college environment for its reopening for the fall semester. BSCTC embraces the “new normal” to maintain safety and to ensure that students have a safe opportunity to attend college at home during these turbulent times.
Myra T. Elliott, Dean of Strategic Initiatives, is BSCTC’s Healthy at Work Coordinator. She and her team of faculty and staff are taking every precaution recommended by the CDC to ensure facilities are as safe as possible. Dean Elliott stated, “We are eager to welcome everyone to return to our campuses. We are in a “new normal,” and we are adopting all possible measures to maintain safety.”
There is indeed a “new normal,” and BSCTC adheres to these changes:
- Masks will be required for everyone on our properties.
- Classrooms will be spaced for social distancing.
- Floor signage will be spaced out to remind everyone of social distancing, and other signage is visible throughout our buildings to reinforce CDC recommendations.
- All employees will take training before returning to campus.
- All employees will do an online health check each day to make sure they are healthy before coming to work.
- Some common areas will be closed to avoid large groups congregating.
- Campus maintenance and operations staff will continue to clean and sanitize surfaces, doors, and other areas that are frequently touched.
President Sherry Zylka stated, “Health and safety are always our top priority, but because of COVID-19, we’ve had to become even more vigilant.”
For eastern Kentuckians who want to stay healthy at home, BSCTC offers programs that transfer easily to universities. For those who want to go to work quickly, there are short-term programs that can be completed in just weeks. More information on programs and enrollment can be found at www.bsctc.edu or call 606-886-3863. Feel free to also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org