What can Cultural Diversity do for you?
Cultural Diversity seeks to promote an all-inclusive environment where every individual feels equal and respected. It provides students, faculty and staff with the opportunity to better appreciate the uniqueness of each human being. It also seeks to expose the BSCTC community to different cultures, values and international perspectives. We have a Multicultural Student Organization (MSO)
If you have any questions, or if you would like to join the Multicultural Organization, Please contact the office of cultural diversity.
- Cultural Diversity Open House (August)
- Cultural Diversity Awareness Month
- International Heritage / Native American Heritage Month (November)
- Martin Luther King Day Celebrations (January)
- Black History Month Celebrations (February)
- Super Sunday: Church of God MPG of T (February) (College Recruitment Fair)
- Women History Month Celebrations (March)
- National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Multicultural Student Organization (MSO Face Book Page)
- Appalachian Heritage Month (April)
- Cultural Events (Every Month)
The office has an established diversity committee:
CAMPUS ENVIRONMENT TEAM (CET) CLOSED
The Campus Environment Team (CET) is a component of the Kentucky Public Postsecondary Education Diversity Policy and Framework for Institution Diversity Plan Development. Each KCTCS institution is responsible for addressing campus and community issues with the goal of improving the campus climate for students with diversity backgrounds. CET will accomplish their work by identifying concerns, developing programs/strategies to address them, and offering recommendations for improvement to the President. This committee reports to the President.
For more information about this committee, contact Tina Terry.
Multicultural Student Organization (MSO)
The Multicultural Student Organization (MSO) is dedicated to celebrating the beauty of culture and diversity within a world of disappearing borders by engaging students in activities which embrace various cultural aspects of the student population, the community, and the world. The MSO encourages educational awareness among all people, not only by encouraging students to learn about cultural aspects of other people they may encounter, but also by encouraging students to embrace and share their own cultures.
For More Information about the MSO, including how to become a part of it, visit their web page.