KCTCS ANNOUNCES NO 2011-12 TUITION INCREASE FOR RETURNING STUDENTS
Returning students at each of the 16 colleges in the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) will receive guaranteed tuition, with no rate increase, for the 2011-12 academic year, if they enrolled during the fall 2010 or spring 2011 semesters. These students are eligible for a guaranteed tuition rate of $130 per credit hour, the same rate they paid during the 2010-11 academic year.
The KCTCS Board of Regents approved the guaranteed tuition rate during their June 2010 board meeting to enhance student retention and credential completion rates.
The eligibility guidelines for the guaranteed tuition program are:
- The guaranteed tuition rate is currently only valid for the 2011-12 academic year.
- Consecutive term enrollment is not required.
- Students enrolled only in summer 2011 classes are not eligible.
- The guaranteed tuition rate is eligible for the summer 2012 term.
- High school dual credit students enrolled in either fall 2010 or spring 2011 courses are eligible.
- Tuition is guaranteed for in-state, out-of-state, contiguous counties and KCTCS online students.
Tuition rates for the 2011-12 academic year for students not under the guaranteed tuition plan have not yet been determined. They are anticipated to be set at the KCTCS Board of Regents meeting on June 17.
(Article Originally Provided by Teena Hammound of KCTCS)