BSCTC to hold talent showcase this Friday
Big Sandy Community and Technical College (BSCTC) will be holding its sixth annual Big Sandy Stars: Talent Showcase this Fri., April 2, at 7:00 PM in Gearheart Auditorium, Pike Building, Prestonsburg Campus. The talent show will feature talent from faculty, staff, and students as well as performances by the headlining act of the evening: Serenade, an all-female, auditioned ensemble of harmony singers. Serenade will perform selections of pop and country music.
Sixteen additional acts will perform a variety of talents: from singing, to sign-language arts, to instrumental selections. These acts include the following students, faculty, staff, and community program members of BSCTC:
- Tanner Howard, BSCTC Student
- Dallas Ward, BSCTC Student
- Deb Ramey, BSCTC Student, Member of Serenade
- Denise Boyd, BSCTC Student, Member of Serenade
- Jeremy Dempsey, BSCTC Faculty
- Joey Wright, BSCTC Student
- Kendra Hall, BSCTC Student, Member of Serenade
- Louanna Calhoun, BSCTC Alumna, Former Big Sandy Singer
- Summer Pugh, Member of InHarmony
- Mary Lou Lavender, Member of InHarmony
- Rachael Hayes, Member of Serenade
- Rebecca Tackett, Member of Serenade
- Reca Conn, MSU at BSCTC Student, Big Sandy Singer Alumna
- Rhonda Alley, BSCTC Student, Member of Serenade and Big Sandy Singer
- Robert Hazelette, BSCTC Student
- Robin Varney, BSCTC Student and member of Serenade
- and UNSPOKEN, sign-language arts performance group, lead by Bonita Dove, BSCTC Staff
The public is welcome to attend the Big Sandy Stars: Talent Showcase. The show will be emceed by Clayton Case and Laura Ford Hall with Technical Director Timothy Cooley. Tickets are $5.00 each and all tickets are available at the door. The auditorium will open for seating at 6:30 PM and all seating is on a first come, first serve basis.
I am looking forward to performing, said performer Reca Conn. The talent show gives students, faculty, and staff a great opportunity to use their gifts. I am excited about the event and encourage everyone to come to see what our college has to offer.
Questions about the talent showcase or about group rates (groups of 8 or more) should be directed to director Laura Ford Hall at email@example.com or (606) 424-2498.