Their Right, Our Responsibility: Ending Abuse
Published on Nov 1, 2017
- Time: November 15th, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Venue: Mountain Arts Center, Prestonsburg Kentucky
- Admission is free.
CEUs recognized by ASWB and NCSBN available on Darkness to Light. Register here, 30 spots only.
This event is sponsored by BSCTC, Phi Theta Kappa-Alpha Nu Zeta, Mountain Comprehensive Care, Judi’s Place for Kids, the Sapling Center and the Agape Task Force
- 9:00 a.m. Laura Kretzer-Darkness to Light-End Child Sexual Abuse-Continuing Education
- CEUs are approved through NASW for 2 contact hours (approval #886458319-2184). For nurses, 2 hours are approved through the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approved by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation (ONA #20946).
- Course for 30 people. First come, first served.
- Registration by Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/darkness-to-light-end-child-sexual-abuse-tickets-39295684450
- 9:00 a.m. Welcome Introduction & Prayer
- 9:05 a.m. Child Abuse Awareness, Identification, and Prevention
- Judi’s Place for Kids-Pamela Taylor
- 9:50 a.m. Domestic Violence: A Professional Training. Mountain Comprehensive Care
- Linda Spurlock, MA and Barbara Boyd, MSW
- 10:35 a.m. Sapling Center-general information
- 11:20 a.m. Break
- 11:30 a.m. Agape Task Force-Human Trafficking. Identification and resources.
- Rita Potter
- 11:50 p.m. Cole Initiative-Suicide Prevention
- Presentation in Memory of Cole to family of Andrea Hurley: Partnership with Posters & Pamphlets to be maintained on college campuses by PTK
Dr. Kathryn Miller