Professional and Organizational Development
To promote excellence in teaching and learning by providing professional development opportunities for all Big Sandy Community & Technical College Faculty and Staff.
- Champion endeavors created to enhance the institution.
- Facilitate opportunities for personal growth and professional development
- Support the objectives of the Learning College:
- Cultivate an organizational culture where policies, programs, practices, and personnel support learning as the major priority.
- Create or expand (a) recruitment and hiring programs to ensure that new staff and faculty are learning centered and (b) professional development programs that prepare all staff and faculty to become more effective facilitators of learning.
- Use information technology primarily to improve and expand student learning.
- Develop strategies to improve learning outcomes, assessment processes to measure the acquisition of the learning outcomes, and means for documenting achievement of outcomes.
- Create or expand learning-centered programs and strategies to ensure the success of under prepared students. (League for Innovations in the Community College)
Professional Development Committee Charge:
The committee will recruit, plan, organize, evaluate and document all internal professional development activities. The committee will meet regularly throughout the academic year and submit a schedule of PD activities for the fall and spring breaks. The committee will work with other college units to ensure documentation and evaluation of all PD activities. The committee will review requests for external PD activities submitted under the Competitive Travel PD Guidelines. The committee also will recommend changes in the PD process for the next academic year. The committee will carry out any related charges from the Professional Development Coordinator or the Provost.