TESTING & CONTENT
The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is used as part of the admissions process by Nursing and Allied Health schools nationwide. The exam measures skills in reading, mathematics, science and english and language usage.
For additional information, sample test questions, general exam policies and a list of frequently asked questions, visit the TEAS website here.
The TEAS exam may only be taken one time in a 6 month period. Exam results submitted for nursing program consideration can be no more than one year old.
The cost of the TEAS exam is $58 plus a $12 online registration fee to schedule ahead of time.
REGISTERING for the EXAM
TESTING SITE & DATES
- Mayo Campus - Building C, Room 112
- Pikeville Campus - Room N-216
- Prestonsburg Campus - Student Center, Room 201
The exam will be given on the following dates and times on the Mayo and Prestonsburg campuses:
- AM Session - 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- PM Session - 12:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- August 28th - PM Session
- September 4th - AM Session
- September 18th - PM Session
- September 25th - AM Session
- October 2nd - AM Session
- October 9th - AM Session
- October 18th - PM Session
- November 1st - AM Session
- November 13th - PM Session
- December 11th - AM Session
- December 18th - PM Session
- January 17th - AM Session
- January 29th - PM Session
- February 7th - AM Session
- February 19th - PM Session
Check-in will begin 15 minutes prior to start time. Students must have
- Valid Photo ID
- Proof of Exam Registration
- Activated KCTCS login and password. For assistance, contact the BSCTC IT Dept. at (606)886-3863
The exam will begin promptly at the scheduled time. No one will be admitted to the exam area after testing has begun. No cell phones in testing room.
For more information, please contact:
Coordinator of Testing
(606) 789-5321 ext. 82806