Lindsey Wilson College
Offered at BSCTC Prestonsburg
(and many other extended campus locations)
Advising plan from the AA or AS degree
Students can also transfer from the AAS in Human Services, but there may be additional general education required by LWC.
LWC Contact Person: Lynda Westfall
Cell (606) 454-8834
Fax (606) 886-0055
Apply for Admission
Financial Aid and Scholarships
- It is extremely important to apply for federal financial aid using the FAFSA as soon as possible after Oct. 1 in the year before you start, in order to try and qualify for the Kentucky Tuition Grant (KTG) that helps with private college tuition expenses. (This would be in addition to any federal financial aid, and other state sources like CAP grants and KEES scholarships.)
- KHEAA says the priority deadline is March 15, but in 2012, they ran out of funds to award on February 7.
- LWC's Title IV school code for the FAFSA is 001972.
- If you are a member of Phi Theta Kappa honor society and have at least 60 hours completed with a 3.5 cumulative GPA of higher, ask LWC about the Phi Theta Kappa scholarship.
- LWC at Prestonsburg is an eligible college/site for the Kentucky Coal County College
Completion Scholarship (KCCCCS) - a significant scholarship!
- The KCCCCS is a pilot program only--the last year for the program is 2013-2014.
- Full-time KCTCS employees can speak to LWC about a waiver of 1/2 tuition for this program (BA only). You must be full time in the LWC program, apply for financial aid with the FAFSA, and maintain a 3.00 overall GPA.
It's a good idea to get coded (at BSCTC as a pre-transfer student) as PPSY Psychology and/or PSWK Social Work. This is a great way to opt in to targeted, streamlined communications of opportunities that may interest you.