University of Kentucky
Newsflash: new major - Information Communication Technology(ICT)
Bluegrass CTC and UK have worked together to developpathways to transfer, and these are really useable for us because Bluegrass is a KCTCS college too!
Course equivalencies: look uphow specific courses will transfer
Transfer admission including the link toapplyand a list of what you need to turn in.
UK Rural Health Center at Hazard
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory SciencesBS-MLS
- KCTCS equivalents forMLS
- See "ad" at the bottom of the page.
- Doctor of Physical TherapyDPT
- KCTCS equivalents forDPT
- Master of Social WorkMSW
- Recruiter/student services contact at UK Hazard isLeeAnn Helton
- Message from Ms. Helton aboutMLS and DPT
Transfer of creditpolicy
- Scroll down to find the Transfer Equivalency Database link to see how your credits will transfer
- Click link in the box for find your domestic institution
Type BIG SANDY in the search box
- Click the arrow icon to open up the listings
Please note carefully and well--especially if you repeated courses or used academic bankruptcy:
Please note that grade-point averages are computed by the Office of Undergraduate Admission and University Registrar and reflect the grade and credit for each course attempted, regardless of the practice of the offering institution of waiving the low grade for a repeated course.
Grade point averages (GPA's) from other institutions do not transfer to the University of Kentucky. When students begin at UK, a new GPA is established after the first semester of classes. However, all
Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Not automatic, very competitive, very specific requirements. If you are applying for the top level scholarship, make sure you graduate with an AA or AS degree in the spring semester before you transfer the following fall, that you are enrolled as a full-time student for that spring semester, and make sure the BSCTC Admissions and Records office posts your awarded degree on your transcript before you send it to UK with your scholarship application. The deadline is June 1 each year--and sometimes BSCTC takes longer to post the degrees onto transcripts. This is a very important detail! (Contact Mr. Jimmy Wright in the Admissions/Records office at the Prestonsburg campus.
- To give you an idea how competitive the top scholarship is: in 2011, there were 200 applications and 20 were awarded.
- The application form is on that page and please note it requires an essay.
- On the same page: Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship - if you joined PTK, you can apply for this scholarship.
- Click "Other Departmental Scholarships" - UK has put all their departmental scholarships on this online database. Cilck the tabs on the top to see scholarships by College (Arts and Sciences, Engineering, etc.) and by Department.
- You can find a searchable database of scholarshipshere.
Transfer Counselorat UK:
Assistant Director of Admissions for Transfer Recruitment
UK Office of Undergraduate Admission
12 W.D. Funkhouser Building
Lexington, KY 40506-0054
Special admissions/visitor center days just for transfer students!
This is not a BSCTC sponsored field trip - you are responsible for your own transportation.