Morehead State university


What they offer

Academics--what Morehead offers (searchable)

Transfer of credit

Course equivalencies (articulation chart) with KCTCS
Look up equivalencies from other institutions
--Those charts are "unofficial."
You may also e-mail Brad Bennington, Transfer Coordinator, with your full name, mailing address, list of all coursework taken/passed at each college/university, and intended major at Morehead.

Financial Aid and Scholarships


  • Admission Requirements
  • Suggested deadlines - apply early to make life easier on yourself - don't wait until the last minute.
    • October 31 for Spring
    • March 31 for Fall
    • Send your college transcripts immediately when you apply, then again at the end of the semester after your current-term grades are posted - this gives you access to early registration and better transfer advising.
  • Apply for Admission
  • If your Student Aid Report shows an EFC of 0 (maximum financial aid eligibility), you can apply for admission to Morehead for free! This saves you the $30 application fee.
    • To take advantage of this opportunity, print a paper application and complete it, and attach the page of your Student Aid Report showing EFC=0. Send it to Morehead admissions.
    • You can also apply for free at a Morehead hosted "Meet MSU" open house event, or at one of their transfer visit days.
    • If you are an education major, apply with Teresa Petot (MSU education advisor at Prestonsburg) by mid-November for any start term in the following year and the application fee will be waived.

Main Campus Housing

Morehead is experiencing high demand for on campus housing. It is extremely important to apply for admissions early, complete your admissions file, and be admitted; then you can apply for housing as soon as possible to have a better chance of getting on campus housing.

Transfer Counselor

Assists students from Big Sandy CTC (and Hazard and Southeast):
Joel Vanhoose - email
Tel(606) 487-3182
Dial extension 73179 from a black Cisco KCTCS phone (direct extension dial)
Or call any local/toll-free BSCTC campus number and enter that extension
Joel's office is at the University Center of the Mountains at Hazard CTC
MSU Transfer facebook page

Transfer Visit Day program

These are on Fridays, 9 a.m.-12:00 noon
This is not a college field trip - you provide your own transportation
Upcoming dates in 2014: June 13, July 11, July 25, August 8, September 5, October 3, November 7, December 5.
Sign up at

Open House

At Morehead's main campus, on Saturday, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
This is not a college field trip - you provide your own transportation
More information at

Social Work-website

This program is available at the MSU Prestonsburg campus.
What to take to transfer from a Human Services AAS with general education certifications or as part of an AA or AS degree


Elementary Education (P-5), Middle Grades Education (5-9), and Special Education: Learning and Behavior Disorders (LBD) are available at the MSU Prestonsburg campus.
The links (above) are advising notes documents to help you take the right classes.
Other education degree options are available at the main campus in Morehead.
The Education advisor at the MSU Prestonsburg campus is Teresa Petot
Telephone(606) 889-4831
Extension 64831 from any black Cisco KCTCS phone, or dial any KCTCS campus main number and enter the extension.
Her office is located at MSU Prestonsburg (Regional Postsecondary Center) Rm. 110.


Morehead offers three online completer degrees in Business (Accounting, General Business, Small Business Management & Entrepreneurship) and more options are available at the main campus.


Students who have graduated from BSCTC's Associate Degree Nursing program would have most of the requirements covered except make sure that you are General Education Fully Certified.

UK at Morehead

These are graduate programs and require a Bachelor's degree before admission.

  • Master of Social Work MSW
  • Master of Physician Assistant Studies PA

Textbook ordering instructions

If you transfer to Morehead and are still cross-enrolled with KCTCS classes.