College Fish | BSCTC

College Fish

Get hooked - College FishBig Sandy CTC has joined this service that helps community colleges explore colleges and universities to transfer to, with a matching service, and scholarship search. Students can create a profile and transfer plan and communicate with advisors, counselors, and admissions representatives from the community college and the four-year colleges and universities.

Set up your CollegeFish profile now! Use your KCTCS e-mail address, student ID number, number of college-level hours completed, number of developmental hours completed, and cumulative GPA in setting up your profile. Choose the Log In button, then the Create Account Link. We want all BSCTC transfer-bound students to sign up on CollegeFish!

The BSCTC counselors will be tracking student progress through their transfer process using CollegeFish. will guide you through the transfer process with reminders to help you plan and follow through. Their suggested milestones are:


  • Searching Browse/search colleges and review information on 4 year schools
  • Choose top schools Narrow list down to six top schools to review in depth
  • Contact Admissions Speak with admissions counselors at each school. Have them put your name on the schools admissions mailing list.
  • Visit campus/virtual tour Visit all 6 schools if possible
  • Review calendar for deadlines Be aware of admission and financial aid deadlines
  • Have transcript evaluated Have your unofficial transcript evaluated by the 4 year school to ensure you course work will transfer. Be sure the reviewer is aware of your selected major.
  • Request letters of recommendation Request recommendation letters early so advisors and professors have time to write a quality letter for your use.
  • Research/submit outside scholarships Search for scholarships for which you are eligible, note requirements, put deadlines in your calendar
  • Submit admission applications Send application, letters of recommendation, any fees and other requested information to top schools
  • Submit transcripts from previous schools Request that your community college send an official transcript directly to 4 year schools admissions department.
  • Complete FAFSA Form The FAFSA, federal financial aid form is available after October 1st. Complete this form and submit results to top schools, many schools require this form before you will be considered for aid.
  • Apply for school fin. aid/scholarships Submit applications required by the school for school-funded financial aid and scholarships.
  • Accept admission at chosen school Call admission office or submit paperwork necessary to confirm your attendance at your chosen school.
  • Submit tuition deposit Submit the required tuition deposit, usually at the same time as confirmation of acceptance. Deposit is typically applied directly to tuition.
  • Accept financial aid awards Submit any paperwork required to confirm your acceptance of any financial aid awards offered to you.
  • Make housing arrangements Submit paper work if you will be living in campus housing or confirm living arrangements if you will be living off campus.
  • Submit housing deposits If living on campus, submit housing deposit to confirm housing assignment. The deposit is typically applied towards room and board expenses.
  • Withdraw applications from other schools Call or submit a letter declining admission to any other schools where you were accepted.
  • Attend transfer orientation The transfer orientation may include testing, receiving required paperwork, finding classrooms, as well as determining available support services
  • Register for classes Check with your admission office on the proper registration procedure for new students.
  • Update your profile Please do not forget to update your final transfer decision. Statistical information on students who successfully transfer is necessary to ensure is able to provide continued services to other transfer students in years to come.
  • Send final transcript at end of year Once you have completed classes at your community college, submit your final transcript to your 4 year school so you receive credit for all courses completed