Thank You Letters to Donors
All students that receive a scholarship are required to write a thank you letter to the donor(s) of the scholarship. Information on who to address the thank you letter to can be found in your award notification email. High school seniors will be given this information along with their scholarship certificate.
Thank You Letter Tips
- You should tell the donor(s) a little bit about yourself, including:
- Your hometown
- Family background
- Experiences and life situations that led you to pursue a degree at BSCTC
- You should also include some information about your current situation, such as:
- What you are studying at BSCTC
- What you are involved in both on- and off-campus
- Describe how the scholarship support will help you meet, or exceed, your educational goals
- Finally, you may want to talk about your future plans, like:
- What your plans are after graduation and career aspirations
- Sign the letter
- Use a formal salutation, including the appropriate prefix and suffix. (For Example Dear Mr. and Mrs. Jones).
- It’s extremely important to pay careful attention to spelling and grammar to ensure there are no letters.
Drop off or mail the signed letter to:
BSCTC Advancement Office
Attn: Kelli Martin
One Bert T. Combs Drive
Prestonsburg, KY 41653