Did you know that on the average, a person with a high school diploma or GED earns $9,400 per year more than someone without a high school diploma? The higher a person's educational level, the higher their earnings.
Kentucky Skills U
Kentucky Skills U, formerly Kentucky Adult Education, provides free adult education services. Kentucky Skills U is committed to providing academic and essential skills instruction to help ensure that Kentucky adults get the education they need for long-term jobs in high-demand fields that provide sustainable wages.
Big Sandy Skills U programs provide free academic instruction aligned to college- and career-readiness standards, as well as offer preparation and coaching for next steps (i.e., college and career) for:
- Individuals without a high school diploma;
- High school graduates with academic or employment skill-building needs;
- English language learners;
- Individuals participating in integrated education and training; and
- Individuals in corrections facilities
Kentucky Skills U programs, Kentucky adults are able to prepare for the:
- GED® diploma
- postsecondary education and training
- National Career Readiness and Kentucky Essential Skills Certificates (NCRC, KESC)