Mission and Vision
Big Sandy Community and Technical College provides accessible quality educational opportunities for student success, promotes economic growth and enhances the quality of life of its constituents.
- Add value to the region through excellence in teaching and learning.
- Promote regional growth through community, workforce and economic development.
- Provide innovative and affordable learning opportunities for academic scholarship and professional success.
- Support civic and cultural vitality to promote quality of place.
As the region's premier community and technical college, Big Sandy Community and Technical College will continue to be recognized as the first choice for higher education; academic achievement; cultural enrichment; student success; and community, workforce and economic development.
- Continuous Improvement
- Intellectual Pursuit
- Sustainable Use of Resources
- Innovative Teaching and Learning
- Academic Support and Resources
- Student Development Services
- Partnerships, Support and Relationships
- Raise the level of educational attainment in the Commonwealth by positioning BSCTC as the first-choice for accessible, affordable and relevant higher education and community, workforce and economic development in our region.
- Increase BSCTC student access and success with particular emphasis among the underserved populations of this region.
- Develop clear and relevant career pathways through all levels of postsecondary education with experiential learning opportunities and associated services that lead to successful employment outcomes.
- Improve student engagement, support, experiences, and success with academic and student services to make eastern Kentucky competitive in a Global Economy.
- Build relationships with all stakeholders to enhance communication and collaboration that aligns the BSCTC mission, programs and curriculum with community, workforce and economic development needs.
- Aggressively pursue external funding to expand the colleges capacity and become the premier economic development engine in eastern Kentucky.
- Promote active involvement in cultural and environmental activities to improve, protect and sustain our community.
2017/18 Annual Priorities
- Strengthen financial stability through grants, expanded donations, operational efficiencies, financial planning and public relations to meet the needs of students, faculty/staff, and the community.
- Promote student success, educational attainment and job placement by keeping programs relevant through program expansion, positive relationships with business & industry partners and the effective inclusion of advisory committees.
- Create a workforce that is responsive to the needs of the regional economy and community by strengthening partnerships and designing flexible programs to develop a labor force ready to engage in the area.
- Implement the college’s Strategic Enrollment Management Plan to improve recruiting, advising and completion for BSCTC Students.